maddie

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Better than Play Doh!

My kids love playing with play doh - it can seriously entertain them for hours. And while I love to see all the ages happily creating together - the mess drives me nuts. It's like a trade-off: 2 hours of the kids being busy with no TV, but tiny play doh pieces all over the floor, stuck on socks, and tracked onto the carpet.

While at our Border's closing out clearance sale, I saw this box of Bendable Sticks. I love stuff that keeps my kids busy and away from the TV; but also activities that aren't high maintance for mom. These sticks totally meet those requirements. They are bendable (ha ha I know you were wondering!) and a little sticky - and the kids can make pictures, or build three dimensional objects. These would be really cool for preschoolers to use to make letters and shapes with, or for a home schooler to use while learning about geometry. But mostly they are just awesome to play with. Check it out - my 2 year old, 5 year old, and 7 year old playing together. And no one is crying or bleeding!

These sticks are reusable, you can just store them in a zip lock bag! My sister's little girl plays with Wiki Stix, they are pretty much the same thing. Here's to happy busy kids! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment