maddie

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

You know the brownie mixes that always go on sale for $1? I always buy a bunch because they are so cheap, and you never know when you need a quick dessert. However, my complaint with the cheap brownie mixes is this: they turn out greasy, thin, and they flake apart. At least when I make them! Though they taste pretty good (it is chocolate!) they just don't look pretty. And I like pretty things. So in order to use the 20 boxes of brownie mix in my storage room, I have been trying different recipes for brownie mix cookies. I found this recipe on http://www.cooks.com/, and it turned out lovely. I made a few changes (added peanut butter, and swapped chocolate chips for oats) and the result was heavenly. Chocolate and peanut butter were just meant to go together. And I love the addition of oats - they make the cookie a little chewy. So if you are in the mood for a chocolate peanut butter concoction, grab a cheap brownie mix and give this recipe a try.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies



1 package (21.5 oz) Brownie Mix (milk chocolate or fudge)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
3 Tbsp water
2 eggs
1 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter


Mix. Bake at 350 for 9 - 11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment