maddie

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Elsie's Nursery


These are pictures of Elsie's nursery about a year ago.   I have had soooo much fun decorating her room.  My inspiration for her room is this old blue chair -- it used to be Shane's mom's chair. Seriously the most comfortable chair EVER.  And I think it's made for short people...which I happen to be. 

Shane painted the walls Morning Glory, a Benjamin Franklin paint color.  I love this soft blue.  I think we got lucky the color turned out so nice.  Ha ha ha...we have had some really interesting paint colors in our house (interesting as in they did not turn out to great!) let's see...the purple bathroom...completely tomato red bedroom...the golden living room...yes I really don't trust myself to pick out paint colors anymore.  But -- the blue turned out lovely.  :)



* Elsie's Crib Bedding is Tiddliwinks, Cottage Chic from Target.  It has blue and pink in it - perfect!
* I made the fluffy garland over her bed - super easy, I got the idea from Nester.  Here is the link to her blog, where you can see instructions for making a 'ragamuffin garland.' For Elsie's garland I used strips of gingham fabric, leftover fabric from baby quilts, tulle, lace and ribbon.
* And my sister gave me the idea for the letter E - I just cut out an E, then used some iron on pellon to adhere it to the pink gingham. 

*one of a kind, handsome husband and Daddy...I found him at Rick's College. :)
*The little picture is from Etsy - from a shop called The Light Garden.  Verity Heyson Kizek is the artist.  She has adorable art for children and sweet stationary.  I have since ordered two more of her prints.  LOVE her style.  Sometimes she will offer 20% off, so if you want to order, watch for a sale. 
*Elsie name sign - Shane cut me a board, I painted it...and ordered vinyl from my great neighbor Ginger. 

* One of my favorite things in Elsie's room is her ribbon board - my sweet friend Trisha made it.  It's the perfect place for all of her pretty little bows and flowers. That ribbon board needs it's own post.  I'd like to make one for a friend and post how to pictures...if I can ever get around to it. :) 
*The shelf is from Hobby Lobby, spray painted white.  The dress is Elsie's blessing dress.
* I bought the lamp on KSL...
* This dresser is from my Grandma Allen's...but I think it was originally from Shane's great Grandma Pitcher.  I didn't paint it - I just left it all white and chippy.  I guess you can't see it's chippy...but it is on top.  It's probably lead paint...but I figure as long as my baby is not chewing on the dresser we're OK.  The knobs are from Hobby Lobby. 
*The shelf is a Kid Craft...I ordered it off of Amazon.

So tomorrow I would like to post some of the things I have added to Elsie's room...
*new carpet (I seriously HATE the Berber carpet we used to have...I am gagging just thinking about it...)
*finally bought some curtains...
*handmade bird mobile
*little chandelier
*and now her room is full of more toys - kitchen, table, dress-ups...so the chair is gone.

till tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. This is all very cute and darling Sarah! I hope you don't mind but I browsed your blog and stole your happiest most golden years Harold B Lee quote (as in full on copy and pasted it, colored-highlighted words and all) and put it up on mine!!! You are so great, your recipes and ideas and all it! I love it! (plus you've got good taste-my header is the same as yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this on facebook so I could see your cute blog - when I get a little more time I'll have to read more to catch up on everything you've been up to and all your cute kids! I LOVE the nursery and how you planned it around one comfortable blue chair. So cute! And I think I want to steal the letter E idea you did above her bed for my nursery, which needs some more wall help. Where did you find the gorgeous frame? P.S. I have a blog you're welcome to look at, too, if you give me your email to send you an invite.

    ReplyDelete