maddie

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Little Nests


Jessa was home these last few days for spring break.  We decided to make a little spring treat to celebrate.  I found this fun recipe in Essential Mormon Celebrations by Julie Badger Jensen. 
I love this cookbook - it's one of my favorites. 

 Little Nests

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup All-Bran or Fiber One cereal
1 small package mini robin eggs (Whoppers)



In a small saucepan , melt butter or margarine over low heat.  Add miniature marshmallows.  Stir until marshmallows are just melted. 

 Remove from heat (umm..we didn't do that, but it still worked).  Add cereal and stir just until coated.

 When cool enough to handle, form into eight little nests.  Place on waxed paper.

 After about 1 hour, press in center of each nest to form indention(We just put the eggs in right away).  Place three robing eggs in center of each nest. (Our eggs were too big to fit three).

Makes 8 nests. 

These were fun and tasted good.  Ha ha ha but now I have a box of All Bran...anyone know any other good recipes with All Bran?  I think these would be fun to make with chocolate rice krispies too - they wouldn't look as realistic - but then you would have a box of chocolate rice krispies leftover instead of All Bran. :)  I think I have a muffin recipe that calls for All Bran...I'll have to look for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment