maddie

Friday, April 15, 2011

Pretty Curtains, Bird Mobile and a Chandelier

Just thought you might want to see a picture of what Elsie's room usually looks like. :)  It's kind of like an I Spy book...Can you spy the baby? Two red shoes? One flashlight? 

 Yay! Today was a happy day.  We finally hung curtains in Elsie's room.  I have been dreaming of sweet white curtains to go in this room since I was pregnant!  Clearly I am not a photographer.  It was really hard to get a good picture of the window - must be all of that sun.  This is the best I could do.  It is also a tiny room, so getting a good shot is tricky. 

The curtains are Simply Shabby Chic White Voile Embroidered from Target.  I don't know how to pronounce voile and I'm not sure what it is except that it's hanging in Elsie's room and I think it's cute. :)

I didn't want to spend money on curtain tie backs, so I used a simple idea from my sister Mary Jane.  I bought pink ribbon, tied the ribbon around the curtain about 1/3 up, and then tacked it to the wall.  I only tacked the ribbon to the wall - the curtain is thin and I didn't want it to tear.  The tack actually seems sturdy - I'm not to worried about Elsie pulling it out. :)


Bought this from my talented friend Trisha.  We had our babies at the same time and she bought two chandeliers...and let me buy this one from her. I'm not sure where she found it.

I got the idea for this bird mobile at The Spotted Sparrow, and at Martha Stewart.  It's a Good Thing she was out of jail to share this great idea with me.  Hee hee hee...

I just used scrap book paper I had on hand, but I wish I had found some double sided paper.  I think it would be a lot cuter like that.  Oh well, some birds are white, right???


A place for everything, and everything in it's place!  This basket is from Hobby Lobby...and this tiny corner by her crib is where we keep the dress-ups.  Good she's a skinny little thing so she can fit back there. ;)



In my best English accent..."anyone want a spot of tea?"

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Such charming items creating such an enchanting room. Elsie is one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    You are such a little interior designer! You GO girl!! Love the photos and the I spy!!

    ReplyDelete