maddie

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Madeline's Recipe Box

Madeline Jane Snowball Pinborough


So My Dad's birthday is coming up, and I want to make him a carmel cake - not just any carmel cake, but the same carmel cake my Grandma Madeline used to make for him. 

My Grandma Madeline passed away when I was 8; and even though I only knew her for those few years...I still have some lovely memories of her.  I can still remember going to the cabin together at Island Park, family parties on her back porch, and her homemade carmels at Christmas.  I loved my Grandma Madeline. 

My Uncle Tom had all of Madeline's recipes, and my sweet Dad borrowed the box and scanned all 400 of her recipes.   I am sooo excited to try out some these -- it is so thrilling to think I could be cooking some of the same meals for my family today...that she made 50 years ago!  I can't wait to post some of them.  :)  Here is her recipe for Quick Carmel Frosting:


Quick Carmel Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 lb. powdered sugar

Melt butter and brown sugar
Boil low 2 minutes while stirring
Add milk- stir until boils again
Cool-Beat in powdered sugar


 Madeline is the little girl in this picture.

Madeline is the little girl in this picture too.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see her recipes :)!! Love this post Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, too! (And I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wish I was motivated enough to scan all my mom's recipes.

    ReplyDelete