maddie

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Honey Glazed Chicken

This recipe is from my sister Mary Jane. It is a favorite at our house, and a good one because I usually have all the ingredients.

Honey Glazed Chicken


1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup butter 4 chicken breasts (you could use chicken tenders too! I used about 3 of the frozen chicken breasts from Costco cut up)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper together in a large Ziploc bag. Drop chicken in bag and shake to coat. Melt butter and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place flour coated chicken in baking dish and turn to coat both sides with butter. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

Honey Glaze Sauce

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice*
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine all ingredients. Pour over chicken until well coated. Bake for an additional 45 minutes. Serve over rice. (Keep your eye on it, mine started to burn a little bit).

* The last two times I made this I had no lemon juice. I subbed grapefruit juice (weird I know - I was desperate) and the other time I used lime juice. Both times it turned out delicious! No weirdness. :)

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! I am coming to dinner at your house!!! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't made uo my menu for the week and then I saw your blog and decided to give this chicken a try. I LOVED it! Thanks for the recipe. I got you message too, thank you for the offer. We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do with our options. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete